(yes you read that correctly!) This is our most requested dish when we have friends and family over. We like to serve it with chips and salsa. This dish is very easy and fast to make! The best fish to use for this recipe is a firm fish such as an amberjack, red snapper, grouper, triggerfish, crappie, mingo (vermillion snappers) and white snapper.
Soft Butter, Margarine (Country Crock is what I use)
Cavenders Greek Seasoning
Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
Tony Chachere’s Seasoning
Small Soft Tortillas
and your fish!
- Prep your fish. Cut out bloodline. Cut into 2-3in wide strips.
- Rinse strips and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place on microwavable plate. Top completely with margarine.
- Then top buttered fish filets with any seasoning you like. Slap Ya Mama, Tony’s, and Cavenders are our favorites. Completely cover the buttered filet.
- Place in microwave for 3 and a half minutes.
- Prep your tortillas with a bed of shredded lettuce and salsa.
- Pull the fish from microwave and you should be able to stick a fork in it and turn and it should flake apart. White and flakey is what your looking for. Cook longer if needed for thicker filets.
- Place a cook strip in the tortilla and enjoy!
** For an extra kungpow taste, take the fish out of microwave after 3 minutes and then top with Parmesan cheese and then place back in for 30 seconds or until cheese melts. MMMMmmm!